Yin & Yang are opposites that create balance in Life.
One cannot exist without the other. One gives value to the other. When ‘Yin’ is slow cool & still, ‘Yang’ is fast, hot & moving.
Yang Yoga is movement of blood through the muscles contracting. Sometimes elevating the heart rate, increasing flexibility & breath/blood value.
Yin Yoga is gentle traction for 3-5 mins focusing on relaxing the muscles so as to allow the connective tissues [ joints] to take the stress, rehabilitating & increasing circulation & sustainability.
- Deep relaxation
- Reduce Stress
- Improve sleep
- Reduce Heart Rate
- Relieve anxiety
- Increase circulation
- Decrease joint & muscle pain, back pain, sciatica, hypertension, vertigo, fibromyalgia, insomnia
- Improve heart & lung function
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve range of motion & flexibility
- Removes scar tissue & internal adhesions
- Increases collagen, elastin & hydration of all tissues & joints
- Keeps skin younger
- Increases GABA neurotransmitters in the brain reducing stress
- Increases Chi/Energy flow through acupressure of meridians
- Creates healthy cartilage & bone
- Re-establishes normal spinal curves & placement of skeletal structure
- Turns ‘off’ sympathetic & ‘on’ parasympathetic nervous systems
- Nourishes internal organs
- Slows the whirling thoughts of the mind
- Awakens mindfulness
- Creates happiness & improves relationships
Yin Yoga is great for beginners & is very, in fact, highly beneficial for EVERYONE!
It compliments other sports, enabling greater joint strength & energy dispersion. Assists with healing from injuries & calms the mind body & the soul.
Whether you want to take it on as an activity on its own & do 2-3 classes per week or as a complimentary 1 class per week to get some ‘YIN’ balance in your ‘YANG’ world? It is really worth a try to just feel the benefits for yourself.
Performed in a relaxed environment, warm room in winter & air conditioned in summer with candlelight and all props supplied. Essential oils, sound healing & a head massage are common accompaniments to Tracie’s Yin classes.
Please do not hesitate should you have any further queries?
Private sessions can also be arranged.
Yin, Iyengar, Hatha Yoga & Meditation Teacher